Our customers have found the below questions and answers helpful when making a decision to sign up for one of our plans. We hope that you will have all your questions answered and will feel empowered to confidently select a home warranty plan with us.
HOME WARRANTY BASICS
A home warranty is a service contract that covers the repair and replacement of parts and components of your home’s systems and appliances when they break down, malfunction or fail due to normal wear and tear.
A home warranty can protect you against expensive, unforeseen repair bills. It provides peace of mind, knowing that repairing or replacing covered appliances and home systems will not break the budget.
For those on a fixed income, a home warranty plan can be a useful tool. For homeowners who don’t have an emergency fund or who want to protect their emergency fund, a home warranty can act as a safeguard. Home warranties also make sense for people who aren’t handy, lack expertise or who don’t have time to fix a home system or appliance that breaks down.
Instead of paying the full retail cost to repair or replace a covered item, a warranty plan with Guard Home Warranty helps you manage the costs of unforeseen covered breakdowns and malfunctions.
No. Guard Home Warranty does not require a home inspection nor do we request maintenance records before you purchase a warranty plan. Additionally, we won’t refuse coverage based on the age of your home’s systems and appliances. However, covered items must be properly installed and in good working order at the time of your coverage start date in order to qualify for coverage. Consequently, known or unknown pre-existing conditions are not covered under Guard Home Warranty service contracts unless otherwise noted in your contract.
A home warranty helps protect your budget and wallet when a covered item breaks down. If you have a home warranty plan with us, you pay for your warranty plan and a set $95 Trade Service Call Fee for approved claims instead of paying the full cost of the repair or replacement out of pocket when a covered item breaks down.
For those on a fixed income, a home warranty plan with us can be a useful budgeting tool. Additionally, for homeowners who don’t have an emergency fund or who want to protect their emergency fund, a home warranty can act as a safeguard.
If you choose not to purchase a home warranty plan, and a system or appliance breaks down, you would be responsible for the full cost of the repair or replacement of that item.
To view a sample of our contract, simply click here to view our terms of service agreement.
We are currently in the following states: DE, GA, ID, IN, KS, ME, MD, MI, MO, NJ, OH, PA & TN.
ABOUT OUR PACKAGES
We offer a variety of home warranty plans to cover parts and components of up to 21 essential home systems and appliances.
- Our Appliance Package provides world class coverage for your appliances for a low monthly price.
- Our Systems Package is for those looking for protection against the high costs associated with home systems that malfunction and need repairs.
- Our top-tier VIP Package offers our most exhaustive coverage for appliances and home systems. This package offers a comprehensive service plan with low fees and is our most popular plan today!
When you choose the VIP Package, we have a wide range of additional optional coverage to choose from to enhance your coverage. The below coverage pricing is with the annual payment option.
- Guard Plus Add On – $399
- Well Pump – $90
- Stand Alone Freezer – $42
- Additional Inground Spa – $180
- Water Softener – $60
- *Second Heating System/Furnace – $60
- *Second Air Conditioning/Cooler – $100
- *Second Water Heater – $60
- Roof Leak Repair – $100
- Pool and / or Spa Equipment – $180
- Second Refrigerator – $36
- Septic Tank Pumping – $72
- Salt Water Pool – $348
- Exterior Sewer / Septic Line – $120
The Guard Plus Add on is only available if you purchase the VIP Package. You get many great benefits with this add on:
- Double coverage line item limits
- Additional coverage for a second heating and a second air conditioning system
- Protection against pre-existing break downs as long as they passed a mechanical inspection by a licensed professional
- Expanded Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Coverage
- Tankless and commercial water heaters up to 75 gallons
- Code violations, modifications and permits
- Refrigerator ice maker and beverage dispenser
Unless otherwise specified, coverage begins 30 days from the date of enrollment and receipt of first payment. For real estate transactions, coverage starts on the date of closing as long as payment if received within 14 days of the closing date.
Guard Home Warranty covers home systems and appliances that are new and old. We have no age restrictions on anything we cover. No inspections or maintenance records are required to purchase the warranty either.
Take a look at Our Packages and see the coverage we offer for your home systems and appliances today!
When you purchase, we give you the option to set up monthly, quarterly (every 3 months) or annual payments. Pay annually for even bigger savings – get one month free!
After your initial payment, we will automate the remaining payments by charging the card on file for future payments.
For real estate transactions, we will notify you when it is time to renew your contract and you can set up your payments for monthly, quarterly or annual payments.
Yes, you may cancel within the first 30 days of the order for a refund of the paid contract fee, less any service costs incurred by us, unless otherwise specified in your contract. If canceled after 30 days, you shall be entitled to a pro rata refund of the paid contract fee for the unexpired term, less any service costs incurred by us unless otherwise stated in your contract.
This can be done by going to and https://service.guardhomewarranty.com/ and clicking Submit a New Service Ticket.
If you are unable to submit a claim online, please contact us at 800-600-5129 to submit your request over the phone.
YES! This is one of the things that sets us apart from our competitors. We understand that you may have an established relationship with a licensed contractor and would rather have that contractor diagnose and repair the issue. Therefore, we want to give you the freedom to select your own licensed contractor.
No. There is no limit on the number of covered repairs during your contract term with Guard Home Warranty. Note that some coverage limitations, such as dollar amount caps, may still apply. When signing up, please review the terms and conditions for a specific list of coverage limitations.
When you have an approved claim through your home warranty contract, you a pay a trade service call fee to have your service request ticket handled and processed by us. The pre-set trade service call fee acts similar to a deductible. If the item you are requesting service for is covered under your home warranty contract, that trade service call fee will be applied to the expenses we cover for the repair or replacement of that item.
Yes. You can request service online at any time, day or night.
You choose a coverage plan that fits your budget and needs.
When a covered item breaks down, follow these steps:
- Request service online by going to https://service.guardhomewarranty.com/ and clicking Submit a New Service Ticket.
- Contact a licensed service contractor of your choice to come out and diagnose the issue.
- Upon the licensed service contractor arriving and diagnosing the issue, they must call us at 800-600-5129. This must be done prior to performing any repairs so that we can determine if the recommended repair or replacement is covered under the service contract agreement.
- If the appliance or system needing repair is covered by the service contract agreement, we will approve the repair cost up to a dollar amount representing the fair value of like repair. We will deduct your Trade Service Call Fee from the approved dollar reimbursement for the repair or replacement.
- When the contractor has completed the authorized repair, you will update the service request ticket with a paid receipt, and will send you a reimbursement within 3-5 business days.